Defence EMC Technical Specialist
We are recruiting for a competent & motivated Defence EMC Technical Specialist to join our team, based in Rugby, Warwickshire.
The EMC Technical Specialist will support all client requirements ranging from the development of EMC programme requirements / test plans / reports as well as leading test activities.
Main focus will be in the Defence sector, but knowledge of commercial testing would also be beneficial. A good understanding of EMC defence standards is essential along with an understanding of the real world defence application. You should also have the ability to pick up fresh EMC and electrical standards and understand and apply them accurately and effectively.
Candidates shall have a keen attention to detail, the ability to work unsupervised, have strong prioritisation & organisation skills. Be able to adapt quickly when customer / programme requirements change.
- A Degree in an engineering discipline preferably Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience in an EMC engineering environment > 10 years
- Working knowledge of Defence EMC testing requirements
- Develop, implement and review EMC Documentation
- Self driven with a clear focus on high quality and customer satisfaction
- Flexibility and willingness to work offsite or conduct shift work, where required
- Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels including presenting test results
- Sound written communication skills
- Familiar with use of MS Office suite of tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Full SC Security Clearance, but can start on a basic clearance
- Have the ability to analyse circuit schematics and recommend EMC based fixes
- Experience working on multiple military platforms
WEMEC offer a competitive salary plus excellent company benefits
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to: