WEMEC has extensive experience in supporting both the user and supplier in meeting the stringent requirements specified in Defence Standards.
With WEMEC’s knowledge and expertise in the Defence Sector, we provide a cost effective and efficient service to ensure compliance to the relevant standards and ensure interoperability when in operation.
WEMEC is well versed in how to meet the following standards:
WEMEC specialises in on-site trials. These trials are a key tool for our client to understand performance before undertaking compliance trials. On-site trials allow the supplier to understand performance and validate design changes efficiently at the supplier’s location without the added cost of test facilities and time.
The following are examples of on-site trials WEMEC offers:
- Communications range trials
- Radiated / conducted emissions
- Conducted susceptibility
- Low level swept current and high level bulk current injection (subject to approval of Ofcom test and development license)
- Time domain transient emissions
- RF Earth Bond measurement
- Antenna Radiation Patterns (ARP)
- RADHAZ measurements in accordance with the requirements of Directive 2013/35/EU (formally 2004/40/EC)
- Immunity to on-board transmitters
- Assessments of inadvertent ignition of flammable atmospheres by radio frequency radiation
- Hazard of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO) assessment
- Shielding effectiveness measurements
Defence equipment is often required to meet both defence standards and European legislation. With WEMEC’s in-depth knowledge of both sets of requirements, WEMEC can formulate a test plan and gap analysis containing tailored test methods and limits ensuring all requirements are met in the most cost and time efficient way possible.
WEMEC staff are active on a number of Working Groups supporting Defence Standards and acted as the Technical Lead on the latest issue of Def Stan 61-5 Issue 6 (2009).